With the Municipal Competition behind us as of Friday midday, the only event we have left that is my responsibility is the Departmental Competition on Wednesday.
The event went well. At 3:00 PM on Tuesday I found out that one of my judges could not make it, but luckily I quickly found a more-than-adequate replacement and the event went off without a hitch. I definitely have some notes for improvements next year, but all in all it went well. We had seven teams competing, representing for different schools. Here is a description of their products:
- A drink mix made from corn, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, and primarily, peanuts
- Huevos Sorpresa (Surprise Eggs – eggs shells filled solid with chocolate and peanuts)
- Sucking candies made out of dragonfruit
- Hand sanitizing gel
- Chocolate milk powder, but instead of being chocolate it is made from pure cocoa
- Bleach gel that does not stain your clothes
- Instant bean soup mix
We awarded four prizes:
Most Creative/Innovative Product
First, second, and third place will compete in the Departmental Competition on Wednesday morning against nine other teams from other municipalities in the department of León.
My to-do list is no smaller, if not larger, than it was at the beginning of the week. But I’ve got plenty of people helping me and working to put the competition together as well, so we should be fine come Wednesday morning. I’ll be up by 5 AM that morning making sandwiches to serve as a snack to all 120 people that we are expecting with Joanna and her host mom, Dulce (Dulce is also one of my four judges for the competition on Wednesday).